Interview questions allow employers to get a better understanding of a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and personality beyond the carefully curated information on their resume and cover letter. Asking the right questions while interviewing a candidate for your open dental associate position is essential to finding the right person for the job. Here is a list of interview questions for a dentist associate position that all employers should ask.
Broad opener questions
Broad opener questions will help you and the interviewee ease into the interview process. They will help break the ice and provide a general feel for the personality and intentions of the candidate. Examples of broad opener questions include:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want this position?
- Why should we hire you?
- What attracted you to this practice?
To get a more in-depth understanding of a candidate’s skill-level and capabilities, asking specific questions regarding their experience is necessary. Here are some examples of experience questions:
- What is your process of diagnosing and treating diseases/injuries/malformations related to oral structures?
- Take me through your process of examining teeth, gums, and related tissues?
- What is your experience performing oral or periodontal surgery on the mouth or jaw?
- What is your experience using x-rays, dental instruments, or other diagnostic equipment?
Understanding the ultimate goals of a candidate will help you determine if they will be a good, long-term fit for your practice. These are some examples of quality goal-based questions to ask during the interview process for your dentist associateship position:
- What are your goals concerning dentistry?
- Where do you see yourself career-wise in 5 or 10 years?
- Are you interested in owning your own practice in the future?
- Would you be interested in buying into this practice?
- How would you like to improve in the next year?
If you’re looking to hire a dentist associate for your practice, Henry Schein Nationwide Dental Opportunities can help. As a dental placement agency, we strive to match you with qualified candidates that suit the unique needs of your practice. If the dentist associate we place you with doesn’t work out within the first three months, our team will help you find a replacement for no additional cost. To start the process, fill out our quick application form. A representative will contact you shortly regarding your dentist associate employment opportunities.